Cyber Tip of the Day - Adware
In honor of Cybersecurity Month, we would like to start your week with tips to stay safe online. Today’s subject: Adware.
Adware is software that pops-up annoying advertisements. While some of these aim to make money by hoping that you’ll click on the ads, some of them are out to steal your personal information, track your browsing history or even record your keystrokes.
Here are some tips to protect yourself:
- Sometimes adware writers take a sneaky approach. They setup their program to run quietly in the background to spy on your activities.
- Scan your computer with an anti-malware solution once a week.
- Make sure anything you download from the Interne tis from a reputable site. Otherwise, you risk installing adware on your machine or device.
- When you’re online, a simple click can often all it takes to install a piece of malicious software. Be careful of what you click online.
- Ignore pop-ups that tell you that your computer is running slow or unsolicited e-mails that promise to increase your computer’s performance.
- Make sure you have antivirus software installed on your computer and that it is setup to automatically run scans weekly.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure. ERMProtect.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights
What are the 12 Requirements of PCI DSS Compliance?
PCI Compliance requirements are created by the PCI Standards Council in order to secure and protect the entirety of the payment card ecosystem …
7 Tips for Hiring PCI Compliance Services for Your Business
Read here for 7 practical tips for hiring PCI compliance services for your business …
Why Do I Need a PCI Compliance Test?
PCI Compliance tests are a critical step in protecting against cyber threats. We outline the importance of PCI Compliance tests …