Cyber Tip of the Day - Anti-Virus
To help promote Cybersecurity Awareness, we would like to start your week with a tip to stay safe online. Today’s subject: Anti-virus.
Anti-virus software prevents, detects, and removes malicious software from your devices. While it’s not a silver bullet, it’s critical to your on-line safety.
Here are some cybersecurity tips to protect yourself:
- Use a reputable anti-virus solution that has anti-malware and anti-phishing capabilities.
- Get anti-virus software for your smartphone. Smartphone-based malware is on the rise.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date and fully patched.
- Turn on automatic software updates.
- Be cybersecurity aware and scan all incoming email attachments, even if you recognize and trust the sender.
- Configure your anti-virus software to start and run automatically.
- Set up your anti-virus software to run periodic scans on your devices.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure. ERMProtect.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights
What are the 12 Requirements of PCI DSS Compliance?
PCI Compliance requirements are created by the PCI Standards Council in order to secure and protect the entirety of the payment card ecosystem …
7 Tips for Hiring PCI Compliance Services for Your Business
Read here for 7 practical tips for hiring PCI compliance services for your business …
Why Do I Need a PCI Compliance Test?
PCI Compliance tests are a critical step in protecting against cyber threats. We outline the importance of PCI Compliance tests …