Cyber Tip of the Day - Anti-Virus
To help promote Cybersecurity Awareness, we would like to start your week with a tip to stay safe online. Today’s subject: Anti-virus.
Anti-virus software prevents, detects, and removes malicious software from your devices. While it’s not a silver bullet, it’s critical to your on-line safety.
Here are some cybersecurity tips to protect yourself:
- Use a reputable anti-virus solution that has anti-malware and anti-phishing capabilities.
- Get anti-virus software for your smartphone. Smartphone-based malware is on the rise.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date and fully patched.
- Turn on automatic software updates.
- Be cybersecurity aware and scan all incoming email attachments, even if you recognize and trust the sender.
- Configure your anti-virus software to start and run automatically.
- Set up your anti-virus software to run periodic scans on your devices.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure. ERMProtect.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights