Cyber Tip of the Day - Offline Basics - Cybersecurity Awareness
In honor of Cybersecurity Month, we would like to start your week with tips to stay safe online. Today's subject: Offline Basics.
Being safe offline is as important as good cybersecurity practices online. Here are some tips to protect yourself:
- Switch off your devices when you’re not using them.
- Don’t share your devices with other people and keep your smartphone within your sight at all times.
- Password protect your devices and never share your passwords with anyone.
- Use caution when carrying sensitive items such as payment cards and personal identity cards in a wallet or purse and keep how many of these items you carry to a minimum.
- Keep good cybersecurity awareness and don’t plug unknown USB drives into your devices.
- Use a shredder to discard documents with sensitive information.
- Before sharing information online with someone, ask yourself why they need that information in the first place, and how they will protect it.
- Keep all your devices locked away safely when you’re not using them.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights