Cyber Tip of the Day - Offline Basics - Cybersecurity Awareness
In honor of Cybersecurity Month, we would like to start your week with tips to stay safe online. Today's subject: Offline Basics.
Being safe offline is as important as good cybersecurity practices online. Here are some tips to protect yourself:
- Switch off your devices when you’re not using them.
- Don’t share your devices with other people and keep your smartphone within your sight at all times.
- Password protect your devices and never share your passwords with anyone.
- Use caution when carrying sensitive items such as payment cards and personal identity cards in a wallet or purse and keep how many of these items you carry to a minimum.
- Keep good cybersecurity awareness and don’t plug unknown USB drives into your devices.
- Use a shredder to discard documents with sensitive information.
- Before sharing information online with someone, ask yourself why they need that information in the first place, and how they will protect it.
- Keep all your devices locked away safely when you’re not using them.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights
What are the 12 Requirements of PCI DSS Compliance?
PCI Compliance requirements are created by the PCI Standards Council in order to secure and protect the entirety of the payment card ecosystem …
7 Tips for Hiring PCI Compliance Services for Your Business
Read here for 7 practical tips for hiring PCI compliance services for your business …
Why Do I Need a PCI Compliance Test?
PCI Compliance tests are a critical step in protecting against cyber threats. We outline the importance of PCI Compliance tests …