Cyber Tip of the Day - Web Browser Security - Cybersecurity Awareness
To help promote Cybersecurity Awareness, we would like to start your week with a tip to stay safe online. Today’s subject: Web Browser Security.
Web browsers are the gateways to the Internet. Hackers love to target them as they contain a treasure trove of sensitive and personal information about you.
Here are some cybersecurity tips to protect yourself:
- Search engines won’t always direct you to good sites. Hackers have found ways to appear on search engine results without setting off any alarms. Use your favorite search engine to search for “Is That Site Safe” and you’ll see many reputable sites offering to do a safety check a URL for you.
- Enable the “Do Not Track” feature in your web browsers to protect your privacy.
- Review the security and privacy settings on your web browsers. Make sure you deactivate features that save and auto-fill your usernames and passwords for various sites.
- Limit the number of add-ons and plugins that you install on your web browser and make sure they’re from reputable sources.
- Always keep your web browsers fully updated and patched.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure. ERMProtect.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights
What are the 12 Requirements of PCI DSS Compliance?
PCI Compliance requirements are created by the PCI Standards Council in order to secure and protect the entirety of the payment card ecosystem …
7 Tips for Hiring PCI Compliance Services for Your Business
Read here for 7 practical tips for hiring PCI compliance services for your business …
Why Do I Need a PCI Compliance Test?
PCI Compliance tests are a critical step in protecting against cyber threats. We outline the importance of PCI Compliance tests …