Cyber Tip of the Day - Worms - Cybersecurity Awareness
To help promote Cybersecurity Awareness, we would like to start your week with a tip to stay safe online. Today’s subject: Worms.
Worms are a type of malware that can spread over a network by creating copies of themselves. Worms are dangerous because they don’t require a program or human action to move, they spread over networks by themselves.
Here are some cybersecurity tips to protect yourself –
- Use a good anti-virus solution that has anti-malware and anti-phishing capabilities. Keep your systems and software updated at all times. Keep on top of cybersecurity awareness by udating your email programs as well.
- Change your settings to show file types. Be careful with types like .exe, .bat, .dll or others that you can’t recognize. Never open attachments with two file types in the name such as .txt.bat or .jpg.exe.
- Before installing a new app on your device, research it well online to make sure it’s safe.
- Avoid clicking or opening links or attachments in emails or online posts, they could contain malware
- Use ad-blockers and pop-up blockers on your web browsers.
- Take regular backups of your important files and data.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure. ERMProtect.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights