Cyber Tip of the Day - Spyware
To help promote Cybersecurity Awareness, we would like to start your week with a tip to stay safe online. Today’s subject: Spyware.
Spyware is a kind of malware that is used to collect personal information about users without their knowledge. It spies on your credit card numbers, email addresses, web surfing habits, and anything else it can get its hands on.
Here are some cybersecurity tips to protect yourself:
- Don’t blindly trust tools online that say they’ll help you remove spyware. These tools will often install their own spyware on your systems.
- Disable the auto-run feature on your computer.
- Enable the “Do Not Track” setting on your web browsers.
- Close your web browser when your work is done. Delete your browsing history regularly.
- Configure your web browsers to reject Active X controls. Use pop-up blockers and ad-blockers.
- When downloading applications take, some time to read through the licensing agreements. Make sure no additional software, which may contain dangerous malware, is getting downloaded or installed as well.
Be Smart. Be Aware. Be Secure. ERMProtect.
Get a curated briefing of the week's biggest cyber news every Friday.
Turn your employees into a human firewall with our innovative Security Awareness Training.
Our e-learning modules take the boring out of security training.
Intelligence and Insights
How to Hire a Good Pen Testing Firm
Although internal pentesting is common in some larger companies, hiring an external pentesting firm helps eliminate bias and bring in new techniques from experienced professionals …
Why Does My Company Need Penetration Testing Services?
Penetration testing services are crucial if you want to protect your company, but why do you need them? Learn more in this guide …
What are the 12 Requirements of PCI DSS Compliance?
PCI Compliance requirements are created by the PCI Standards Council in order to secure and protect the entirety of the payment card ecosystem …